Monday, December 17, 2007

A cricket match on the Bizarre World

I know you were all waiting for another weird thing to come up here, so here I am with another Bizarre event. I had a match yesterday and I thought I should share the experience with you.
Here it goes …. And yes if you get bored on the way please read the annexure at the end , I assure you that will make the progress through the article interesting and you’ll get the fathom of it. And for all the witty (in positive sense though I know it has none) read on and enjoy

So , I played this qualifying match in one of the series yesterday. This is a typical series of this Bizarre world where all teams bat against the same standard bowling team. The bowlers are same for all the teams and they bowl with the same efficiency and style and all what it takes for bowling. The only flexibility each team has is , which bowler to choose in what order , the no of bowls to be played of him and the time one can use on each bowler. And like in a test match you have limited time and so a slow over rate means less bowls to be played ,same here, each team was given a limited 2 hr time and we had to maximize our score.

My Match

I started with a spell from spinner, the reason I chose this to start was his fast over rate so that I could save time for coming bowlers and play maximum bowls in limited time. But !@#!$#@% what a shock !!!! I had absolutely no clue about the balls, they turned in all directions , they were pitching in the danger area and my GOD !!! I was forced to play some risky shots. I don’t know what was the result because the most amazing part of the game is you don’t get your performance report or the result of the shot when you play it . you get the whole report in a SINGLE SHOT.(the game is in bizarre world so anything and everything is possible). So guys fingers crossed . By the way I played shots on some 15 deliveries in 7 minutes on this bowler.

Next came the first medium pacer. Now why a medium pacer at 2nd number, coz I thought they would take relatively lesser time per over , compared to a pacer and so I attempted max over of this medium pacer , but I lost track of time and so attempt less ahead. On this medium pacer I was confident, and I played 36 out of max 40 and I hope 30 of them should fetch me runs.

Next came the 2nd medium pacer. He was also very easy to play and most important reason I attempted all possible deliveries of him was that runs scored on him would add doubled to the score. Counting this it should fetch me at least 50 runs. But now I had got too late to score most off the seemers though that is my strength . any ways I attempted some 15 deliveries and seems that should increase my score by 15 runs.

On the whole it was a satisfactory experience and I hope to get a score of around 80-100. lets see what turns up when the results are out and how did other teams perform.



Annexure

What it actually means terms used above

Quant and di fast bowler
English 1st medium pacer
Lr 2nd medium pacer
GK spinner
Standardized Written exam Qualifying match
Questions attempted shot played
Four options shot selection
Correct answer runs scored
Extra time to a question slow over rate
Not attempted defensive play
Wrong answer wicket down
Result Single shot

2 comments:

lony said...

Atleast exam ka naam to explicitly likh sakta tha.
Waise i deduced the meaning before even reaching the final Para and before even reading Annexure.

:D

Achal said...

oh yaar dekh thoda kaam reader ke liye bhi hai
aaj ki date hai
aur yesterday word hai bole to 17th
so exam SNAP hai
and yes , peoplelike you ke baare mai maine mention kiya hai